Did you know there are many things that could be causing your back pain?
1. Chemical component – Biochemical abnormalities can sometimes occur when one or more of the other vertebral subluxation components occur.
2. Muscle component – Problems that occur when impinged nerves cause vertebral muscles to malfunction. This may present as pain associated with prolonged sitting, standing, or overuse. Common layterms include “knots” or “trigger points”.
3. Nerve component – “Neuropathology” is another term for this, which essentially refers to undue pressure on a spinal nerve. Consider what standing on a garden hose does to the water flow. Increased pressure results in decreased flow, whether it’s water or nervous activity.
4. Osseous (bone) component – This occurs when one or more vertebrae are either not in correct position or moving improperly. Sometimes, degeneration of the vertebral bones can cause this. Chiropractic care is a great treatment options when spinal alignment is saught.
5. Soft tissue component – When subluxations occur, they can affect the soft tissues, including ligaments and tendons, surrounding your spinal cord. Irritation in the soft tissues can cause irritation and swelling in the area, thus leading to pain symptoms. Tendons can also become irritated by excessively tight or fibrotic muscles.
Chiropractic care can help to not only treat the symptoms of subluxation, but also treats the source of the problem. This prevents the symptoms from returning and allows you to live life pain free!
Questions about how to eliminate your back pain?
Call our Tempe chiropractic office for a consultation: (480)-440-4511
DISCLAIMER: This article is for informational purposes only, and does not take the place of an evaluation. For proper medical advice, see your chiropractic physician or medical doctor before determining what type of self care works for you.
Dr. Bobbie Bennett works with patients of all ages and walks of life. She enjoys helping her patients find freedom from pain and gain increased mobility so they can live their life without limitations.